Instructions for Presenters
Instructions for the lightning session
(Wednesday, June 1, 10:30-11:30am)
The lightning session will be held after Yale Patt's first keynote on the first day of the conference, June 1. It is a single large session, so we expect almost all conference attendees to be present in this session.
The purpose of this session is to:
- enable each paper's authors to present the "key idea" of their work in less than 60 (sixty) seconds to almost all attendees.
- enable the conference attendees to get a quick grasp of the key contributions of each of the papers (and perhaps decide whether or not to attend the associated conference talk).
Lightning session logistics:
- This session will run on a single laptop.
- The order of each 60-second talk is the order of appearance in the advance program (in alphanumerical order for parallel sessions). Advance Program is here.
- Each talk will be presented one after another with no interruption (no questions allowed). We will need all presenters to line up in the order of their presentation by the podium 15 minutes before the session. At any given time, we will have all upcoming presenters in the queue. Please heed your presentation order.
Instructions for preparing and submitting your 60-second talk:
- Please email, by May 28, Onur Mutlu (firstname.lastname@example.org), Rachata Ausavarungnirun (email@example.com), Serif Yesil (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Funda Atik (email@example.com) your slides and the name of the lightning session presenter. The subject line of the email must mention "ICS 2016 Lightning Talk: Session Number (e.g. Session 6B) : Title of Your Paper"
- Slides must be in PDF format, to avoid any compatibility issues.
- The time limit is very strict. If you go over 60 seconds in your presentation, you will be cut off. Abide by the time limit. I would recommend planning for a 50-second presentation.
- We would recommend using only a few slides to demonstrate the key problem your paper solves, the key idea, and the key results. The 60-second lightning presentation is intended to be a short pitch. Please leave the details of your paper for your regular 16-minute presentation.
- Avoid marketing: this is a technical presentation.
Instructions for your regular presentation
You will have 16 minutes for your main talk at the conference, followed by a few minutes dedicated for questions. Please plan accordingly.